View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 02:05 PM   #352 (permalink)
OG VX
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Update 4/25/15: Milano Red Paint Finish to Rear-End Aero + Front Aero pieces Installed

Back with more aero work updates, and final Milano Red paint.

First, completed a new set of brackets for the wiper cowl. Cut them from pre-drilled stock bar.

The completed brackets were then painted with Rustoleum Hammered paint, then hand-dipped in (liquid) Plasti-Dip before being hung to drip-dry. The effort here was to help prevent scrathing and noises against the body.

Came out nice.

Up next, fabricated some small reflector stripsfor the Kammback. Riveted those on.

Next, mocking up the paint scheme on paper.

Bought some thin tape on Ebay to help with masking off the contoured lines.

Set up to work

Taping took a couple of hours. Weather was great though!

Once that was done, spent about 2 hours sanding and masking (man, I hate masking!).

Then, sprayed a thick layer of RustOLeum auto filler:

Then a light coat of Milano Red went on. Duplicolor Perfect Match paint from Autozone:

Base fully sprayed (3 good coats)

After a good thick coat of VHT High Gloss Engine Enamel (had a great spray tip, so went with the Engine Enamel, plust chip prevention):

Started removing the tape:

Finished/Assembled pics in a few hours on the next post.

Until then, thank YOU for ecoTuning in!
"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

Last edited by OG VX; 04-29-2015 at 05:10 PM..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
BabyDiesel (04-29-2015), Cd (05-14-2015), Daox (04-29-2015), DOHCschwab (04-29-2015), pgfpro (05-04-2015), vrmouseyd15b (05-14-2015)