View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 02:17 AM   #59 (permalink)
litesong
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterk0031 View Post
Frankly I don't understand or care......
Yes, we understand that.

Quote:
....ethanol was required in some areas to replace MTBE....
Modern oil refining & vehicle emissions improvements, now have gasoline vehicles testing with E0(no ethanol, no MTBE), given excellent emissions reports, even to vehicles with 100,000 miles.

Quote:
Did check out puregas website, saw they had 430 stations listed in MN....but that fuel is for off-road use only
MN has 460(not 430) E0 sources. So many, that coupled with Wisconsin E0 sources(764+ 460= 1224), by far they have the most E0 sources of any two bordering state pairings in the country. Wisconsin E0 sources blend into Minnesota E0 sources with no ability to detect the border between the states. A bulging thick triangle(& beyond) of very concentrated E0 sources cover Green Bay, WI, south to west of Milwaukee, WI, & west, past Minneapolis, MN. Many many E0 sources line major freeways in WI & MN, & Minneapolis has the most crowded E0 sources of nearly all cities in the country. Enforcement of any pro- "ethanol in gasoline industry" law, is lax or non-existent. Possibly you mistake the MN law, eliminating required labeling of gas tanks as to whether they are 10% ethanol blends or 100% ethanol-free gasoline?

Quote:
I was surprised how few stations out(west?) there have E85, I think it was 11 in Wasington(sic)...... it(ethanol?) keeps US dollars in US. Not being a global warming believer I don't have a care about CO in the air.....
Yeah, Washington state & many others hate E85. Ethanol keeps no U.S. dollars in the U.S. The "ethanol in gasoline industry" uses more oil (to produce ethanol, transport it to blenders, then transport it to gas stations, supports "ethanol in gasoline" propaganda & industry, then wastes ethanol burning inefficiently in gasoline engines) than ethanol can ever save.

CO2(not CO), plus methane, oxides of nitrogen, SF6, & other man-made, infra-red energy absorbing, non-phase change GHGs, plus positive(bad) feedbacks, plus increased atmospheric infra-red energy absorbing, phase-change water vapor(controlled by man-made non-phase change GHGs), plus positive(bad) feedbacks, cause AGW.

Last edited by litesong; 05-01-2015 at 11:34 AM..