View Single Post
Old 05-01-2015, 08:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
firehawk618
EcoModding Apprentice

97 Civic HX sedan VX trans - '98 Honda Civic LX + HX + VX
90 day: 41.9 mpg (US)
1998 Civic LX with a full HX swap + vx trans

$2500 OBO ****PREVIOUS INSURANCE LOSS****

I am going to list it here for upto 2 weeks. If no interest I will be putting it all back to stock and just selling it on CL

I bought and Insight so the Civic must go.

The car is a 1998 Civic LX sedan, a/c, cruise, power everything.

It's got a CRV cluster swap. Plug and play. The LX cluster tach and fuel gauge didn't work. I still have it.

The true miles are unknown.

Right now you can come drive it.

A complete D16y5 swap with a VX ratio transmission. It runs and drives perfectly. No check engine light, no problems. Will pass emissions right now.

My crappy daily 25 mile round trip commute I get 41 MPG. Mind you my commute is not economy friendly.

I recently did a 120 mile mostly highway round trip and averaged 48 MPG and I did hit a patch of stop and go traffic.

I have a very small LED shift up light and very small VTEC LED also.

There's also an injector cut button and a hidden kill switch.

I am asking $2500 obo ****CAR DOES HAVE ACCIDENT HISTORY****

Title is in hand. It does NOT say rebuilt on it but I can assure you that it had been insurance totaled before. The front hood, bumper and core support had been replaced. Not the air bags or fenders. It was hit right smack center of the bumper.

If you want a turn key car with excellent MPG potential this is it. You'll be hard pressed to find a nicer, higher MPG vehicle for this price.

Car is located in Marysville, WA

I have the engine swap and transmission listed in the FS section also. If one or the other sells I will delete this post and just put it back to a stock LX and craigs list the car.

Pictures to come.

** REVISED 5/3/15 ** Interior is back to stock. Zero instrumentation is included.

I will be pulling the engine / trans and going back to bone stock next week. When I do that this ad will be deleted.

Last edited by firehawk618; 05-03-2015 at 06:38 PM..