View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 08:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,927
Thanks: 877
Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Amazingly, I appear to have solved the problem from a "surprise" direction. I was wishing for a mechanical vacuum gauge because it seems odd to always rely on the mediation of the UltraGauge or my OBD2 diagnotic reader thing. Then I remembered someone saying cleaning old grounds can help the car run. Then I remembered cleaning the grounds has been on my list of long-procrastinated maintenance for a year or two. Then I took 30 mins to clean engine ground, transmission ground, battery ground, and one other grounding cable. And.... PROBLEMS ARE GONE! Just pulled nearly 70mpg in traffic on a 30 mile test run. Mostly normal fuel trim for a car doing a lo of P&G (slightly on the + side by 2 or 3%). Wow. They had not been cleaned since 1998. Hahaha!

BTW, I also got fuel system cleaner, Mech. What the hell, it can't hurt. I bought a big bottle to use in each tank for a few months. Thanks!
Fantastic. I like to polish the connection areas and dab a little grease on them. Never had to redo one with that procedure. I got 6 bottles of techron at Costco for $20, supposedly the ticket for the wife's direct injected Sorento (Kia relabels the bottles). Saved me pulling the rail on the Sentra which requires pulling the upper manifold.


  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
California98Civic (05-04-2015)