View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 06:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyDiesel View Post
0.13 Cd?!?!?!? That is crazy talk!

I have thought about doing a second windshield similar to what basjoos did on his aerocivic. He said in another thread that while he didn't have exact numbers, it did help improve his coasting distance. With a car as light and as aerodynamic as his, I am guessing randomly that his Cd key have dropped close to 0.15.

What exactly do you mean by cheat the windshield?

I do plan on extending the front. I need to lower the stagnation point so air can flow over the Top, rather than under my car. I probably won't extend it to match the template... If I did, LOL
When Walter Lay did his wind tunnel research,he found that the drag of an 'ideal' form could be duplicated with an 'optimized' windshield.Both gave Cd 0.12

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
With respect to 'reversed' bodies,there is zero wind tunnel studies performed with 'mutilated' forebodies.So we don't have any knowledge about what happens if we disturb the contour of a reversed body to create a 'working' windshield.
If it turns out that we can't,without raising drag,then Hucho would say 'fuggetaboutit', 'cause,the distortion of the radically-raked windshield would be too great to see through.
This Citroen Karen would be impossible to see out of
BabyDiesel (05-06-2015)