View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 06:51 AM   #62 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Had a second tank with the half shell, using the same methodology as before for calculating I now show an average 1.456 MPG increase or a 5.45% improvement.

I removed the shell to fix some of the issues with it, so I guess since I am driving without it I am doing a form of ABA testing, just with tanks. Prior to removal, I examined the roofline transition between the truck cab and the shell leading edge, and sure enough the shell was about ½” too low. This was certainly hampering performance. I have some ½” XPS foam, so I plan to cut a few strips to replace the compressible rubber weather stripping between the shell and the bed rails.

I removed the window and the bad looking adhesive, which was already starting to let go. That took quite a while. I masked off the center of the lexan windows and painted them from the outside, hopefully that will turn out ok since I didn’t use “plastic” primer. I then promptly ran out of time to work on the shell, hopefully today I can glue the windows back in place.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aardvarcus For This Useful Post:
aerohead (05-06-2015), wdb (05-08-2015)