Thread: The Indy One
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
nimblemotors
EcoModding Jack

Yep, another one that went nowhere.

My opinion back then and is still true today, is there is no shortage of 4-wheel cars to convert to electric, there isn't much point to create yet another one. The aero is great on the sunrise, but aero mods on existing cars is MUCH easier and better than building one from scratch.

A three-wheeled car however, is significantly smaller lighter and more aerodynamic than existing cars, and THERE ARE NONE to 'convert'.
So it makes sense design and build one from scratch.

It is hard to imagine, but almost a million new cars are built EVERY MONTH, and that means we crush about the same. That is mega wastefulness from a throw-away mentality, which we need to change, and frankly Tesla Motors is just adding to the problem by building new huge luxury cars.
Hey Elon Musket head, we don't need no more stinkin luxury cars for your millionaire friends.
Yes I'm pissed off and not going to sit around and just complain about it anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Subscribed for future updates.

Years ago, one of the established members of the EVDL began developing a 4-seater, very aero kit car EV with a fiberglass body and center tunnel battery pack, based on a commonly available chassis & major components. They put a TON of work into it, but ultimately I think it was de-railed by ... the apperance of relatively affordable OEM EV's (Nissan Leaf, etc).

If you like aero styling, it was a stunner.

The Sunrise EV2 Project