View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 12:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtamiyaphile View Post
I rather suspect turbo temps aren't taken into account on most S/S turbo cars ... I have my reservations about the above though
I agree and I think Diesel Turbos run hotter than petrol ones ? I might have that backwards though ?

The SS seems not to depend on temps too much - it starts working after I have trundled in neutral downhill from my house to the end of the road (1/2 mile) from cold. At the end I have to stop until the lights nearby have cycled, and the engine has shutdown every time so far. Maybe it won't in winter ?

It also disables if the power draw is high enough but I have noticed that it has disabled sometimes when I've expected it to still work. For example just after reversing (e.g. onto my drive) it won't kick in at all - but that is logical, usually the driver would want to set off again or shut down manually after parking.

Other times the SS disabled symbol appears on the dash but I haven't quite worked out why. It could be turbo temps maybe.

If I wasn't so busy at work I would have an evening to study the instruction manual or Google and know for sure...

So far done just short of 300 miles with a tank average of 53-54 on the built in display. The range estimate is another 460 miles but this is based on the most recent averages so it might go down. It does raise the question of a Kilo tank with some effort - I'm not doing anything special at the moment.

Minor issue is that the super long gearing does overwhelm the little 1.6 sometimes - it can be "off boost" at 70 (the motorway limit here) needing a change down to climb a steep hill for example. It will be interesting to try on the M74 - the road to England and civilisation of course - which is full of steep climbs and dips.