View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 12:38 AM   #27 (permalink)
mwilliamshs
EcoModding Apprentice

VanDelay - '89 Ford Econoline E-150 XL
90 day: 15.93 mpg (US)

Old White Civic - '98 Honda Civic LX, AT
90 day: 33.18 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyDiesel View Post
...The length will be 20-21 feet overall, not counting the extended front end...
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
My motorhome is 18 1/2ft long, and it fills a parking space.
My van is 18' 9" without its rear-door-mounted spare tire and yep, it's as big as you want to try parking like a "normal" vehicle. The very "snub" nose of the van (< 18") is a huge asset. A long vehicle with a sizeable overhang at both ends would be a monstrosity. Consider the dimensions adopted by nearly all large vehicles from 18 wheeled Class 8 OTR trucks to bread vans to fullsize vans to minivans...short noses are the way to go, especially if the back's gonna be lengthy. Having driven a number of Corvettes, a GT40, etc trust me when I say long frontends belong on expensive cars that aren't driven on every errand because they get damaged easily and only the owner of supercar is going to pay for the repair over and over, not to mention the hassle and neck-pains of re-parking and craning out the window for an improved vantage point. Likewise, backing-in to parking spaces in a vette is a breeze since you can see everything up close and personal from that angle. A GT40...not so much LOL

Last edited by mwilliamshs; 05-08-2015 at 12:56 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to mwilliamshs For This Useful Post:
BabyDiesel (05-08-2015)