View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Welcome to the world of applied high performance driving.

Getting mileage is a constant challenge that's fun and engaging- and you can do it all the time. Tearing it up with the Subaru turbo is fun and engaging, but the chances for doing it for real are actually quite rare. Even pulling yourself back from 10/10 to simply "having a lot of fun," you're still devoting more of your attention to watching for cops than you are to the actual driving.

Driving one of those beasts for mileage is fun, especially knowing what you still have under your right food at all times. Until you've been donig it for a while and you realize that now you're doing high performance driving all the time. Traffic may keep you from keeping your foot in it and watching the needles move, but it'll never stop you from moving as efficiently as you can. Every corner requires exacting attention to detail and the measurements and rewards are way more than "yeah, it was a good ride in today." Heavy traffic? Who cares, I'm still working the hell out of it.

The beast is a purpose built car, though, and you almost never get to use it for its intended purpose. It works against you instead of helping you and rewarding you. I miss my LGT. A lot. But as much fun as I had tearing it up whenever the opportunity presented, now I get to do it every time I get in my Fit.

The smart move is to grab a beater for as little as possible and then sell the Subaru. Then get a car that you can rock all the time without worrying about radar, insurance, theft or vandalism.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...mpg-30489.html

You can get something reliable and good that'll get good numbers for a lot less than you'll get for the Subaru, and once you're settled you can ditch the beater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fat Charlie For This Useful Post:
BabyDiesel (05-09-2015), MetroMPG (05-08-2015), Wrx (05-08-2015)