View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
PAFirefighter11
Diesel FTW

Golf TDI - '03 Volskwagen Golf TDI GL
90 day: 44.63 mpg (US)
Question 2017 Jeep Wrangler JL

Hey all,

I work for a Jeep aftermarket parts company. As you can see from my sig, my current Jeep has a huge motor. Efficiency is not in my Jeep's vocabulary when it comes to fuel. With that said, my short term goal (within the next 2 years) is to sell my Jeep and both my Trans Ams. I plan to use the profits from them as a down payment on a 2017 Jeep Wrangler JL diesel (Rumor that I believe is true).

According to this site: Next-Gen Jeep Wrangler To Have Diesel, 8-Speed Auto Combo - The Truth About Cars, among countless others, the Wrangler will have a diesel and 8 speed auto trans. I'd 100% FIRMLY rather have a manual trans, but if the only diesel is automatic, I'll have to settle for such.

I've never had an auto with diesel, and never had an 8 speed auto. I'm hoping it produces good fuel efficiency. One of the drawbacks right now of my current Jeep is the lack of being able to take long trips (I'm talking from PA to TN or Colorado or Utah and more). 11 MPG would kill the trip. I'm hoping for 30+ highway (35-40 highway would be even better!) out of this new Wrangler, but only time will tell.

Anyone here have a Grand Cherokee diesel, or a 2007-2015 Wrangler JK diesel in Europe or elsewhere? If so, what are you seeing for FE?

Thanks,

-'98 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS7 5.7L (22 MPG)
-'01 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS6 5.7L (22 MPG)

Last edited by PAFirefighter11; 05-08-2015 at 06:49 PM..