View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 10:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
The Other Andy
EcoModding Apprentice

To Be Determined (Too-be) - '15 Chevrolet Malibu LS Eco
90 day: 35.41 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joggernot View Post
Very nice looking car! Hope it gives you good service for many years.
Thank you very much! It's going to get very pampered, so it should last a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mechanic View Post
Hope it gives you good service. I've been anti GM forever, back to powerglides and foot wide rust holes in 6 months.

They deserved it.

Now with the Japanese raising the bar, the US manufacturers have followed suit. I only hope the production workers stopped sabotaging their own product.

That's suicide.

I just tossed some significant coin at a new car, made in Thailand. I'll do my share to preserve and maintain my baby, but only time will tell if I made the right choice or not.

regards
mech
I was reading about your Mirage. Congrats! I like those little things. Is yours meeting expectations fuel economy wise?

This Cobalt is actually my 6th GM product, so I'm not really anti-GM. I'm not a "fanboy" however, and am willing to call them out when they half-arse something (just as I'm willing to call out Honda for their transmissions and Fridgeline). I want the American automakers to succeed.

I will mention that I've known a few workers from the (now shuttered despite taking a bunch of state money) Janesville plant. They were very proud of what they built, and the idea that they would have sabotaged it is difficult to believe. I'm sure it happened (every workplace has its screwballs) but imo the vast majority of issues came from the office buildings.