View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 03:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
niky
Master EcoModder

Both Auto. Both 4WD (switchable). I believe the Colorado could do 7-8 km/l in traffic (our traffic is that bad), where the Wrangler did 5-ish. Highway was about 14-16 versus 10-12. I could be wrong, though...

Hmmm... seems like my Colorado review was in print. I do have a review of the Trailblazer (Colorado seven seater... not US bound) and the Wrangler up on our site:
Review: Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited | TopGear.com.ph
Review: Chevrolet Trailblazer 2.8L 4x4 LTZ | TopGear.com.ph

Yeah... 5-6 km/l (11-14 mpg) in traffic. Better than big V6s, but a far cry from less hardcore 4x4 diesel pick-ups and SUVs with the same weight and power.

Those drivetrain components weigh a ton. Let off the gas and you can feel those big tires and heavy differentials sapping away whatever momentum you've built up. There's also a lot of slush in the current automatic... probably using a high stall speed for better off-road ability.

If I recall, 0-60 mph times are quite a bit slower, as well... maybe 1-2 seconds with the exact same 200 hp engine.

I think the multi-speed auto will make a decent difference in economy, but again, I don't expect miracles.