View Single Post
Old 05-14-2015, 09:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Chrysler kid
5 pin sensor

Zippy - '96 Honda Civic Hx
Team Honda
90 day: 40.77 mpg (US)

Boring - '11 Ford Fusion Sel
90 day: 21.88 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFoot View Post
We have those lights here too. They kind of work by spacing out the on ramp traffic so people merge in better. It wouldn't be necessary if people just let people in.

By cruising at a constant 20mph with a large buffer space in front of you, you can smooth out traffic flow for everyone behind you. If everyone did the same we wouldn't have the stop and go traffic.
Dallas has gotten better with that, or at least I can get other traffic to start doing it with me and eventually get traffic back into a better pace

That being said traffic is absolutely impossible on major highways after 6:30 am. I don't know why they even bother doing traffic updates on the news. Everybody knows your gonna get backed up on every highway

I would like to start a petition though about getting fuel effecient cars and not just hybrids in the hov lane. Cars with an EPA rating over 35mpg mixed driving or sub compact should be considered hybrids.

Unfortunately that would rule out a few hyper milers but the civic hx and vx and hatchbacks should be moved in as well as the metro and diesel cars.

Or just have the obd1 inspection machines rate fuel effeciency in all cars yearly to give out EV effecient vehicle ratings

My civic thread