View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 09:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
My VSS is now up and running again, and I would like to install my SuperMID. I have a black wire that goes to a ground, a white wire which goes to the fuel injector, a red wire which goes to a power source on my fuse box ( always on ), and I have a left over wire which is purple and is supposed to go to my VSS.
I was looking over this thread again, and it looks as if I was having the same issue i am having now - I am unsure how to hook up this wire right.

Do I just splice the VSS wire from the SuperMID directly onto the yellow and white wire coming out of the VSS ?
Is it the yellow and white wire ?

Thanks !

My last post on the issue :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
I re-installed the SuperMID in my '93 Civic DX, but i'm not getting the speed setting to work. Any ideas on what i could have done wrong ?

I replaced the VSS with an aftermarket part, but I'm almost sure the VSS is identical ( electronic not mechanical ) so what could i have screwwed up ?

Coming from the VSS, there is a Yellow wire with a white stripe, a Yellow wire with a blue stripe, and a black wire which i assume is the ground.

Currently i have it wired to the Yellow wire with the white stripe.

I should mention that the readout for distance below average speed is working.
If there was a problem with the wiring to the VSS wouldn't the distance parameter no show ?