Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 12:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Smitty
EcoModding Lurker

Ol' Blue - '94 Dodge Ram 2500 SLT
Hello everyone

Hey gang, wanted to officially say hi; been a lurker for about 2 yrs, & FINALLY have acquired my first TDI Jetta. Yes!
Got a 96 tdi passat last year, had an issue or two but later turned out motor was shot & so was most of the interior so I got rid of it without ever having drove it.
After 3 years of looking & saving, I finally scored a mk4 jetta last week, complete with grandma hubcaps.
I've already did the basics- changing fuel filter, oil, rear brakes & caliper replacement, clean the interior, etc.
Took it to a tournament last weekend, & got about 40 mpg, so that will be my baseline to build off of.
Before I got my jetta, I have ecomodded / streamlined other vehicles we own over the last 5 yrs; my 94 2wd Dodge Cummins, & our 98 Grand Voyager.
Did a grill block & pull in mirrors on the freeway, and lighter wheels, taller tires in back, & have netted about 26 mpg on the highway with a 1000# snowplow in the back

Did a lower front block, removed the roof rack, used coroplast to streamline under the rear bumper & eliminate the parachute, & made a kammback on the voyager, & have gotten 2-3 mpg increases on the guzzling voyager. Every little bit helps.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00G0G_lhPytbOKEd0_600x450.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	17607   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5080rs.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	17608   Click image for larger version

Name:	P82A0184rs.jpg
Views:	51