View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
PremierSprinter
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningStrong View Post
Which TDi engine will this have? I've the 1.9 PD but unsure if you guys ever got this.

Also, have you considered an oil heater? There's some pretty nifty ones you can stick on the oil sump.
It's an ALH motor. I didn't plan on putting an oil heater on it. It's something I'll have to look in to. I was thinking that I might do a traditional block heater but my cars do stay inside at night throughout the winter so I am not sure that it would be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie25 View Post
imagine if you could have the 6 speed box on that tdi motor! awesome cars those!
It's an option that I am debating. I have two 6spd transmissions at the shop right now but the gears are a little too short for me. I have e-mailed some distributors in the UK to attempt to get a transmission with better ratios but there is no guarantee. The longer gears for the 5spd are actually also longer than 6th+FD in the 6spd TDI transmissions. The disadvantage is that there is a hefty jump to fifth from fourth which isn't great for driving around town, especially while towing. If I can get a trans for a good price, I will probably wind up doing it.