View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 02:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
serialk11r
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Fortunately, the brake does not need to be pressed on manual transmission Subarus, it's just clutch in + push button to start, not too complicated. Apparently bump starting is possible but the car really doesn't like it and lights up the dashboard, and I prefer to use the starter.

It appears the engine can be killed while the car is moving by 3 presses of the button which is less convenient than a kill switch but not too inconvenient. So the remaining question is does the car do anything funny if you try starting it while it's rolling.

I think I figured out the engine on -> ACC problem, wiring a capacitor into the accessory relay coil circuit should leave the accessories powered for a fraction of a second to hit the button a second time and not kill the power causing the annoying delay.

I don't EOC that much though, so I'll probably be focusing my efforts on ECU tuning to maximize highway mpg. I'm hoping that with 12.5 compression ratio the engine can be tuned to idle lower than normal...

Last edited by serialk11r; 05-20-2015 at 03:01 PM..