View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 01:51 AM   #7061 (permalink)
thingstodo
Master EcoModder

Ford Prefect - '18 Ford F150 XLT XTR

Tess - '22 Tesla Y LR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
I don't know, but you can just use realterm.
Really?!? I saw a lot of RTDexplorer in the posts ... I don't think that I read about just using a terminal emulator .. but perhaps I was not paying attention ... I tend to make things more complicated than they NEED to be.

I'll connect up with hyperterm on Sunday night when I get home and see what signal I messed up so I can get my little test 12V blower running on a 36V pack. When that's working I can move it out to my Mazda, re-wire the pack to 130V and see if it will hit highway speed.

The 48V curtis recycled from a golf-cart sort of vehicle (called a carryall) was used for some testing in the Mazda. The Curtis will run at 56V, will put out 300 amps for a short time, and will only get the car (2730 lbs stock, maybe 3000 lbs now) up to 30 mph - downhill.

With the transmission in neutral, 56V will not even overspeed the motor (3600 rpm or so is as fast as it gets .. after about 60 seconds of accelerating!)

Hopefully 130V and 500 amps will get the car to 70 mph in 4th gear at 4000 rpm or so, but 65 mph will be a more reasonable 3600 rpm. In town I'll likely leave it in 2nd gear. 30 mph should be 3400 rpm.

I'm trying to set things up so that the motor revs high enough to let the built-in fan do some cooling as well as the external blower that I've added.

When the AC controller is running, I'll steal the Cougar out of the Mazda and use it to drive the netgain warp9 that is coupled to the Siemens AC motor. I may have to have the car backed into the garage to provide the battery pack ... we'll see.