View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 03:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
whatmaycome14
Master EcoModder

Valerie - '03 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 55.79 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
Well. At least you are actually DOING SOMETHING, versus sitting in front of a computer.
So kudos for that.

No disrespect meant, but what did you intend to accomplish with this ?

Cars don't need to have pointed ( or even super rounded ) noses until around 300 mph.

Aerohead, you out there ?
The purpose was for 3 reasons:

1) to create space so that I can angle the radiator and condenser 60 degrees forward and fully duct both and exhaust through vents in the forward part of the hood. (Obviously I'm not there yet...)

2) widen the front bumper 6in so that I can enclose the front wheels entirely (obviously not there yet either... but I'm closer.

3) I had nothing better to do with my time and it was fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
The front of the car already has attached flow, and you could achieve the same results ( if this was done for aerodynamics ) by simply adding a simple grille block.

One fella here got great results with an airdam. The car is much like yours.
If you're referring to the fella here that got great results with an air dam (which is featured on the front page right now) then that WAS me. And I took it off somewhat quickly because it scraped on everything.

I honestly don't expect to see any gains from this right now, but it sets up the beginning of what I plan to do for the rest of the car.