View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 06:21 PM   #387 (permalink)
OG VX
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Sorry I didn't respond earlier about the sound deadening. Yes, as has been mentioned, the VX models only came with sound deadening on the front footboard areas. I, too, was surprised by this. I don't see that the trouble of removing it is worth the potential weight savings.

With the "gutted interior" yes, the car is much more noisy. Too much so for my tastes. You can also hear every rock or small object that pings the underside of the car. My plan is to run it with everything BUT the rear seats for a while. After seeing the mpg gains without all of this, weight savings have now enticed me enough to try seeing if I can bear a touch more noise/drone.

Additionally, this is no longer my "daily", so I can get a bit more radical now.

Also, I have not forgotten about the exterior work. Plan at this point is to wrap the headliner tonight and get the interior back together. Tomorrow afternoon I will begin the fender work. IF it goes quickly (and not bankig that it will, OCD always kicks in) there is a small chance that I can prep the car for paint and deliver it to Maaco Tuesday. Reason for the push: the deadline to submit applications for entry into the Honda Day CLT show VIP area is 5/31.

Working down to the wire!
"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

Last edited by OG VX; 05-23-2015 at 06:28 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
BabyDiesel (05-23-2015), RPM (05-23-2015), The donkey CRX (05-23-2015)