View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 03:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
Eddie25
EcoModding Apprentice

Fiesta - '06 Ford Fiesta 1.4 Ambiante
90 day: 45.9 mpg (US)

Dakar - '03 BMW f650 GS Dakar (retired)

Tucson - '07 Hyundai Tucson 2.0 GLS
90 day: 32.67 mpg (US)
Ecomoding worth it?

Considering abandoning my plans to ecomod my 2005 fiesta. Its a great car it was my first 'nice' car I bought. However it is 10 years old now and the mpg im getting is not really that impressive. im struggling to reach the figures mentioned in the link. partly because the car has 200 000 km's or 125 000miles on it. and partly it still isn't working properly.

ive only had the car for 25 000km's and it hasn't been smooth sailing. currently the water pump and welsh plugs are on their way out. the cvs are also clicking. its had a number of sensors replaced under a warranty but now the warranty is out and im still having issues. I fear it is just going to be a money pit. however it is quite a popular car here so I will get quite a bit for it here on resale.

my idea is to get a newer later model car that already has some fuel efficiency engineered in it and start from there. there is a number of options out there but the Suzuki alto seems to be the best bet. they don't hold their value at all here and I can pick up a 2012 model with about 45 000 miles on for $ 3500 USD.

the figures this car produces as standard I can only dream of in my fiesta. and then imagine improving on it adding all the tech in this forum.

anyways heres the cars compared Compare cars... - autoevolution