View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 01:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crono
EcoModding Lurker

Pizza Geo - '92 Geo Metro
Last 3: 47.52 mpg (US)

Blazing Glory - '07 Yamaha C3
90 day: 108.96 mpg (US)

The Beast - '86 Pontiac Subird
90 day: 15.6 mpg (US)

Mom's Firefly - '92 Pontiac Firefly
90 day: 35.65 mpg (US)

Noris - '08 Toyota Yaris
90 day: 35.45 mpg (US)

Mirage - '15 Mitsubishi Mirage
90 day: 48.11 mpg (US)

Japan - '08 Suzuki Alto
90 day: 45.88 mpg (US)
Arrow Anyone try the bucket to composite headlight swap for their Geo Metro? (1992)

I've been thinking about replacing my old bucket-style Metro headlights to the more aerodynamic covered version (composite?) for some time now, and, as one of my headlights burned out just the other night, this seems like a great time to do so.

From what I've heard so far, the convertible metros (or lsi?) all had the more aerodynamic composite-style lights and you can switch them in to base model Metros, but I haven't been able to find any details on exactly how the installation works or how they fit in. (Do I need to get extra brackets? Are there any tricky mounting details?)

My brother has the 4 cylinder 1994 Metro and his has the composite style headlights, but it's not a convertible...do I need to specifically look for the convertible headlights, or would ones similar to these work as well? I want to call around to some local auto wreckers to see if I can find anything, but I want to be clear on what I should be asking for so I don't waste their time.

Any help would be appreciated!

[Note: These are Canadian model Metros and I'm in Canada, if that makes any difference in this situation]