View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 07:41 AM   #106 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
I am 6'2" and periodically mention climbing into a Fit at a dealership and having my knees hit the dashboard. People often respond "You idiot, why didn't you move the seat?!"

That has been my first response with getting every car ever, so I started mentioning that, and the response did not change. "Dude, I just told you I did."

Here, if memory serves, I am told "I do not know what is wrong with you, but I am over eight feet, and I cannot even drive with the seat all of the way back."

I am pretty sure that is how my conversation with Harry, friend of the Hendersons went. Also Chewbacca...

You know, it is weird, the Gen1 Insights had a great deal of innovation. Did Gen2 have any? I kind of feel that it compares to the original "Star Wars" and the prequels.

Can we agree to not discuss the Gen2?

I only drive with my windows down in neighborhoods, usually after getting in my black car when it has been sitting in the sun. I have only used air conditioning a couple of times so far, either with passengers or on my way to a date. I just use the vents. I read once in a car manual that it was the most economical.
One of my friends is 6'5" and had trouble finding a fitting car. He bought a '84 Civic after driving my '85; even with legs bent and hair brushing the roof liner he said he fitted better than any other small car.
He now owns a Hyundai Matrix and had a Hyundai Excel in between. I guess he fits in them.

The Gen 1 Insight is a marvel of technology, for its day.
The Gen 2 (not discussing, just stating my opinion ) is a mainstream practical safe reliable cheap hybrid car that seats 4 3/4 in comfort; it has nothing special.
In some areas fuel economy has been sacrificed to save costs; it could have better aerodynamics despite the shape, it could have a bigger battery and stronger motor, etc - but then it would be almost as expensive as a Prius, and you may never win back the extra cost in fuel savings.
So now it has less than stellar FE - I can barely touch 60 mpg per tank in summer.

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.

Last edited by RedDevil; 05-26-2015 at 07:47 AM..