Thread: Subaru BRZ Aero
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 02:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
serialk11r
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden55 View Post
Actually the japanese scion frs have the underbody panels from the oem as an option. Says with the wing and underbody panels it drops the cd from 0.3 to 0.27. But from what ive heard its a typical jdm part which is expensive and hard to get a hold of. But a picture would help you make one for a fraction of the price.
The Japanese Toyota 86 you mean. Yes, 0.27 is the lowest drag configuration from the factory and it still leaves money on the table because that's with no diffuser.

The parts are ~300 bucks shipped, which is I guess not horrible but it's definitely not cheap. It uses a bunch of plastic clips already in the floor pan to attach, but the panels have deep indents to allow it to use those clips. I guess a solution is to drill holes into an aluminum square tube as a bracket on one side and attach coroplast directly to the drive shaft tunnel's edge.

It's a lot of work for a car I'm not even that fond of :/ Still waiting on a midengined 2 seater I like to hit the market, something I can keep forever. Maybe airdam it is.

As for mirrors aerohead, this is all I can find:

280 dollars...yea, forget it lol.

Alternatively I could buy a generic fit for 60 something and make mounting brackets for it, but that's a lot of effort to get rid of the awfully convenient power adjustable heated mirrors.

Last edited by serialk11r; 05-28-2015 at 02:59 AM..