View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #44 (permalink)
2009Toyotoad
09 Toyo Yaris HB (Huevos)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty Modder View Post
The one on my town car was about 3" off the ground, It would scrape the ground when I would brake, and when I travelled in the lanes with deep tire grooves.

Hot rod says scrape the ground, i think it was bamzippow did that with belting on his truck.
If its scraping while braking, it sounds like your suspension is very soft and what's expected on a Lincoln Town Car. I would suggest going to a sportier suspension setup if I didn't think it a would seriously alter the luxury ride of the car. Instead of a sportier suspension system try adding 100 lbs to the trunk are far back as possible. This would create a pre-load condition on the rear suspension and rebalance the front to rear weight ratio. Experiment with varying weight amounts, I think your trunk weight limits are 400 lbs, assuming the Ford/ Lincoln panther platform used by Ford and Lincoln is the same for Crown Vics, Mercury Grand Marquis, and Lincoln Town Car.

Adding weight may seem counter intuitive, but if you consider the power to weight ratio of the car any fuel economy loss of in acceleration should made up for by the Aero improvements.