View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Dead Toshiba Laptop

My sister lent me her computer and it started freezing, speeding back up, and freezing again. After a couple of cycles when I was not even using the computer, I had a blue screen of dismay, which I believe mentioned some DPC Watchdog error, and said that it was going to create a report and save my data, but it stayed at 0%. I held down the power button until the screen blanked, but two LEDs stayed on. I unplugged it, but could not remove the battery, because it is internal, so I found the pinhole reset button, but that just turned off the lights, it still will not boot. I found posts on-line about holding down the power button for thirty seconds up to a couple of minutes, holding down the power and Esc keys, and various other rituals with the laptop plugged in and unplugged. All that I can do is turn on those lights and turn them off. I report for annual training tomorrow. Right now I am using Dad's laptop, but the plate on the bottom is broken, exposing the hard drives, RAM, and other components, and the internal fan is broken. I use a laptop cooler, but it still overheats. I have other broken laptops...

I posted about this on the Toshiba forums, but nobody has answered yet. I hate to tell my sister that I broke her laptop!