View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 01:50 AM   #50 (permalink)
Hersbird
Master EcoModder

Dark Egg - '12 VW Touraeg
Thanked 1,178 Times in 807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Agreed. The only place I've seen that front corner treatment, I believe, was in a PDF from some university. You may be the first.

And done right too—cut at an angle so they level out. It fits well with the front window. Down the road you can replace the quarter-round caps with light fixtures, or drill a mosaic of tiny holes in the stainless steel and put the light inside.

You put a trailer hitch on your trailer so you can trailer while you're trailering?
An opaque fiberglass dome with a light inside was brought up on the Hi-lo forum, that would look pretty sweet at the campground, light could spill out the bottom as well like a wall sconce.

I have a 500 pound jet ski on a 300 pound trailer, or a 500 pound motorcycle on the same trailer I may want to double tow. It's legal here and an 800 pound single axle trailer behind a 3500-4000 pound trailer, behind a truck with a 8500 pound tow limit should be OK. Just can't back up without unhooking but I wheel that small trailer around by had all the time already.