View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 06:52 PM   #40 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
With California's July '08 implementation of LRR labeling & standards, I'd expect it's going to get easier for the public to get info & make judgements than it has been.

My car's tires are more likely to dry rot off the rims before I ever wear them out, so eventually I'll have to shop for replacements too :P
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but beyond tire retailers saying whether a tire is considered LRR or not, has that law actually done anything?

I can find no rating data on LRR tires and am strongly considered Bridgestone Ecopia ep422 PLUS's for the volts front tires (don't ask) over the stock crapola

But I have no idea what tire is the most efficient in the goofy 215/17's that are on the car.

Some folks claim an extra 6 miles range using the ep422 plus (not the regular non plus version) over stock but there is nothing to support or validate that claim.

Ah well. I am told the euro specs should not be used to compare the same brand tires here because the same model of tire can be different in our country as compared to europe, ah well.