View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 08:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Ugh. Went to insert an image, and switching tabs erased EVERYRHING I wrote. It sure would be nice to have an Ecomodder application...hint.

Basics of what I wrote out: we should make a thread about the cool car experiences we have, specifically oriented towards meeting cool cars and their owners. Sure, we spot them in the wild, but we all have cool stories on meeting our local heroes.

Coming back from getting my new little puppy dog, we stopped at a fuel station just inside Ohio.

Puppy dawg! (Pronounced like a 6 year old, not like a hoodlum)

And as I was crossing to go to the grass, a G1 Insight rolled in. I can't believe they stopped and talked to me as I literally pointed at them and jumped up and down- but they had a small mouse creature with them (a dog smaller than a football), and we took some pictures with the two.

They are big Insighters, but they don't ecomod or hypermile, in any sense. She loved it because she got 40 MPG in it. Either the car was missing a tire and I didn't realize, or driving technique was low on her list...regardless, she was very nice. I hate to say the only time I spent more than 20 minutes at fuel station was a random encounter with a stranger...lol

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.