View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 02:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Chrysler kid
5 pin sensor

Zippy - '96 Honda Civic Hx
Team Honda
90 day: 40.77 mpg (US)

Boring - '11 Ford Fusion Sel
90 day: 21.88 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM View Post
Looks like a nice usable ride height.
Do you happen to have a picture of the rear Tein springs? I am curious. According to your picture the fronts use a truly progressive design unlike e.g. Eibach springs, which are two-stage. Wonder if the rear uses the same design?
You are correct sir, the factory springs on there are progressive so the more they compress the harder they get. The rears were the same way, I had to guess which springs out of the box were the fronts as they are only about an inch difference in height

The rears are the same way, so the springs should only get lower from here

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
When I had my MR2 I put Tein S-techs on them by getting a set of new shocks from someone who took them off because they didn't like the S-techs, so I got fresh shocks with it too for 200 and all I had to do was bolt them in. I think stiffer springs is a great thing, less floaty feeling and roll, and since you hit the bump stops less the ride can be quite comfortable.
Yeah the s techs are a pretty minimal drop my shocks seem to be doing fine. I didn't want to spend big money for a little drop

I have done many lowering springs and coilovers back in my day so I knew what I was getting in to. The rest of the shocks I removed the top nut on the car with a rag over the nut so the other 3 went quickly. In total I believe it was 4 hours including washing the car and shampooing the trunk carpet.

Shouldn't need an alignment yet, I'll give it a few weeks to get everything settled

My civic thread
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrysler kid For This Useful Post:
RPM (06-04-2015)