View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 11:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
estomax
EcoModding Lurker

wideband O2 sensor, spoofing stock o2 signal for leaner burn

Hey Guys,

i tried searching and only found some references from 2011, but on my 'project' car Lexus SC400 with a 1JZ VVTI swap i figured out that the stock O2 sensor costs as much as an aftermarket wideband sensor.

So i got an Innovate LC-2 wideband controller and swapped it in place of my stock o2 sensor. I left the stock o2 sensor hanging nearby since the heater circuit from it will cause the ECU to throw a code otherwise.

Then i cut the wire to the O2 sensor input at the ECU and wired it to the narrowband output on the innovate controller (brown wire).

By default the innovate controller outputs a narrowband signal for 14.08 for rich and 15.01 for lean, which made my car idle and run in closed loop mode right around 14.5-14.7 (stoich).

i then went and adjusted the narrowband signal output from 15 to 16 instead of 14-15, and now my car runs closed loop at 15.5-15.7 or so. I will keep an eye on it but this is about a 5% increase in gas mileage while i mind my foot

That was the DIY portion for anyone who would want to have more control over leaning out their fuel mixture without going with a full aftermarket engine management system.

Now my question is, who else here has done this on a non-lean burn motor and what should i be worried about?

cheers
Marko

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to estomax For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (06-07-2015), some_other_dave (06-08-2015)