View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 02:51 PM   #400 (permalink)
OG VX
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Update 6/7/15: Cut-Away Fenders- Part Two

All, here's the update on the fenders. Going well...

You can see below that I added one small notch piece underneath the panel to fill in the OEM molding recession.

Used just about every tool in my arsenal to make this thing, ha!

About to go outside and finish up the first one now. Then, I'll remove and start on the driver's side fender.

I know it looks a bit like something off of "A Knights Tale". Once both are completed, I will mask off the modified area and paint the entire section with Duplicolor Bumper Paint. Plans are also in place to re-install the fender liners, after a bit of trimming, of course.

As has been mentioned here on the EcoModder thread, the angle is more aggressive than the Gen 1 Insights, yes. However, my sole reason...I like it that way? Ha, wish I had a better or more scientific reasoning for my design. I just wanted to go really aggressive with it. Something similar to the Spoon S2000 fenders, I suppose?

Back with more soon. Thank YOU for ecoTuning in!
"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

Last edited by OG VX; 06-07-2015 at 02:56 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
BabyDiesel (06-07-2015), California98Civic (06-07-2015), whatmaycome14 (07-04-2015)