View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 12:19 AM   #411 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

Centurion #3 is generating quite the excitement on the East Side Maybe if I can generate half as much excitement out West together we may be able to convince a few to build Centurion #5 and #6

If anyone was going to deviate from the Centurion plans as it pertains to the transmission then I would have to say the clear cut choice would be a T5. I have thought about this for years and pondered tons of options. T5 is the lightest and strongest pound per pound. It also offers the most gearing options of any transmission that would be small enough in a Centurion or small car like Centurion. The tallest overdrive offered is a .63 compared to the .80 in the Samurai and .75 with the current Spitfire transmission and D type overdrive from the Volvo 1800. The other major advantage of the T5 is that you can get them anywhere they made tons of them. They are also relatively inexpensive and can be rebuilt by the average Joe.

Jack has done a wonderful job with Max and being that he is a fellow Oregonian I am very partial to the story. More Kubota powered cars on the road the better I say

GH..