Thread: My new FR-S!
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 06:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
serialk11r
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Okay I bought an Openflash Tablet (arriving Friday) and played around with Romraider today a bit. Idle speed is easy to cut down, since all of the tables have the same speed when the coolant is warmed up.

However the rest are pretty confusing, and worst of all, the fueling table won't take >14.7! Accelerator pedal position vs. requested torque has two different tables which I'm going to need to figure out, but it doesn't seem like it should be that hard. For a start, leaning out the mid-load range is easy to do, so that's good.

The VVT is a nightmare though, I have no clue what to make of these numbers because they look strange as hell. The tables are labeled "Intake Cam Advance Angle ____" and "Exhaust Cam Retard Angle _____" where the blank is Base, Safe, and Normal. I'll have to spend some time digging into some guides tomorrow...

In the meantime though, can someone help out with getting the engine to run lean? I could just rescale the O2 sensor (hooray for wideband O2) and adjust the tables but I don't want the engine to run rough at low speeds. The other thing I'm thinking is set the lowest load cells a tiny bit richer, but since the table is labeled "Primary Open Loop Fueling" I feel like this could be the wrong table to be looking at. @ever_green ?

Last edited by serialk11r; 06-10-2015 at 06:18 AM..