View Single Post
Old 06-11-2015, 10:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trinost
EcoModding Lurker

I have no idea what this is...do you?

I was replacing my old top OEM catalytic converter with Eastern catalytic Eco III when I noticed this broken tube just dangling there out of the firewall and I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is for (no DTC) and no where do I see the other end. I am worried what problems this hose not being hooked up is causing.

Side note: The previous owners I purchased it from a few months ago treated my G1 like a trashcan. The carpeting and overhead liner is ruined (how they got soda on the top of the car is beyond me . It has original IMA battery (checked honda never replaced under warranty) sucks I couldn't get more life from it. I did grid charge and deep discharger using someone else's charger at 350mA. It cured the 1449, but only got me 2000miles before got lesser 1447 .

Working on building my own grid charger and the supply I've been looking at is a Mean Well LPC-100-500 either at Powergate, Mouser Electronics, or I think Newark. Looking to hit 500mA with fan going to help deal with the resistance materials that don't seem to be getting dealt with at 350mA. I know I have a general idea on some of this, but I am just grasping still off what I have read and learned online. I am by no means an electrical minded person. I did purchase the book "Getting started in Electronics" by Forrest M Mims III on amazon. Its helping fill in some of the gaps. Anyways the grid charger is after I figure out which sticks are the under performing/bad sticks and if can find a way to replace them first. That way I don't feel like I am putting a bandaid on the problem. I want to solve it then maintain the pack ...Idea's on where to find good performing (6.5ah) fair priced sticks?

Last edited by Trinost; 06-11-2015 at 10:38 PM..