View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 01:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
TonyB
EcoModding Lurker

Thank you both! Very helpful group here indeed.

1 and 2 - Great to know, and figured that this was being accounted for by the SG2.

3 - I must have been thinking of a different device. I've shed a fair amount of weight on the car...

4 - I appreciate the confirmation on +3 / 4 over idle TPS. But, this brings up an interesting discussion on coasting in neutral, or in gear. After a fair amount of reading, I was left to believe that coasting in gear is not only safer, but actually more fuel efficient, compared to coasting out of gear. Heck, I seem to recall that this (coasting out of gear) is illegal, at least in some states. Curious to hear any thoughts, but the important thing here is this... If one is generally coasting in gear, shouldn't TPS be noted during such, as opposed to just idling while parked? If one coasts out of gear, it would seem to make more sense to get the TPS figure accordingly, like parked in neutral...

5 - Alrighty, I'll start the fill-up procedure. But, dirtydave, are you saying that this procedure is not needed as things sort of correct by itself after a few fill-ups? No coasting with engine off, but that would seem to make sense. If I do decide to do the fill-up procedure, two times, that's it, and won't be necessary with every fill-up?

Happy Friday folks, and thanks again for your generosity!
BabyDiesel (06-12-2015)