View Single Post
Old 06-12-2015, 05:26 PM   #212 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,222 Times in 4,649 Posts
repairs finally begin

I dragged some of the damaged body parts into a clearing on the shop floor and began the slow process of metal bumping to see if I can salvage them.
A trip to two local steel yards failed to provide me with a Texas-sized body dolly to back up hammer blows.
The trip back to Darko is 16-months out,so there's time for repairs and new goody's.
I'll be slowly adding some concrete flat work to the shop also.After two hernia repair surgeries I'm not looking to blow my guts back out trying to move heavy things across dirt and gravel.My 'pit' has flooded so many times that it's forced me to accelerate the concreting process just so I can use the silly thing on a regular basis.
Harbor Freight no longer supplies the rollers I used on the front skirts so they'll require a re-think.
I've already got a long list of things to try next time in Ogden.
I'm also in line for a 1st-gen Insight.Gary wants to go back with me to Darko,and it would be nice if he drove the Honda (stock). It would give us a second 'calibration model' to compare Cd's to the A2 and GM,Warren tunnels,like we got to do with the Prius.
It's hot,and the mosquitoes are taking blood,but it feels good to be swinging tools around the shop.
BamZipPow (06-12-2015), California98Civic (06-12-2015), freebeard (06-13-2015), NeilBlanchard (06-13-2015), nemo (06-12-2015)