Thread: My new FR-S!
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 01:52 AM   #24 (permalink)
serialk11r
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Well, 9 hours of fiddling with tables later I get these nice smoothed out throttle maps (I did both maps because I couldn't figure out which one does what):

Time to give this a test drive!

EDIT: So other than the first bit of pedal travel feeling completely dead, I LOVE this throttle map. It's so easy and intuitive to get the right amount of power since I made the map actually use all of the pedal travel, and it's still responsive. I can hold the engine at any rpm I want with ease and the blips feel just like my cable throttle MR2. I'm rescaling the map a bit so I don't need to press as far down on the pedal to get power, but otherwise this is perfect.

I just tested a 16.8 AFR lean map and this one is a handful. Getting off idle is not a sure thing even at 700rpm, but it doesn't stall. I'm going to log this and swap to my VVT adjusted map to see if that one does any better. If not, I'll try more tip in enrichment. I'm not sure if I should be adding timing because it's already running kind of rough and adding spark advance would be attempting to light the mixture at a lower temperature, which doesn't seem good. Something to try for sure, when I get the VVT sorted out so I don't need to switch maps as many times.

At night it's easy to tell that the electrical system isn't doing so well below 600rpm, as the lights are constantly dimming.

The good news is that I filled a third of the tank with 87 and there's still no knock. I'm going to try a full tank of 91 next to see how that does on this map.

Last edited by serialk11r; 06-14-2015 at 05:34 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to serialk11r For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (06-14-2015)