View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 04:12 AM   #45 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

I have been looking into the AC option and there are tons of potential units. I think for me the big thing is size and efficiency. I feel like I can get away with less output since I will be cutting the cooling area down to only the immediate cabin. I want something pretty compact as this will take up some of the space in the rear hatch of the Centurion. The more compact unit I can get the less intrusive it will be which will help me to preserve the space for other needs. However for me I would be willing to compromise a little size for better efficiency.

Currently I have my eyes on the Frigidaire FFRE0533Q1 for an all around unit. It is not the lightest, most compact or the most cost effective but it is extremely efficient. The unit only draws 3.9 Amps and uses 446 Watts and has a very respectable SEER rating of 11.2 The unit puts out 124 CFM which is pretty good for the 5,000 BTU classification. Best of all it has a remote I love those things LOL So I am going to try to find the best deal I can on this AC unit then start my AC system design.

GH..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC unit #1.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	17996   Click image for larger version

Name:	AC Window Unit Diagram.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	17997  

Last edited by GreenHornet; 06-16-2015 at 05:14 AM..