View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 06:08 PM   #418 (permalink)
GreenHornet
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by changzuki View Post
Hi GreenHornet!
The full exhaust that was removed was only 28 pounds.
The replacement unit is a just a bit over 7 pounds. It's easily removable in a few minutes and the car doesn't need to be raised. The muffler itself and the internal baffle are both replaceable - also without raising the car. There's not the slightest hint of exhaust fumes in the cabin even during traffic light stops. Best of all, it can't scrub the ground.
-

-
-
This is getting a little ahead of the next few posts, but performance-wise the Kubota is responding wonderfully with it. Nothing was lost on the upper or lower rpm ends. I tried using course steel wool to quiet it down but it simply didn't last, so the perforated disc was added. So far the disc is holding up well and can also be removed in a couple of minutes if necessary.
-
It took a pile of self-control to route it towards the ground. The world will never know how badly I wanted a stack!
-
~CrazyJerry
Another thing I noticed while looking at my Centurions undercarriage today was just how much potential there is for a deeper trunk space with the rear exhaust and muffler delete. Extending that down and shaping it aerodynamically would help MPG potential I think. You could also create attachment points for the mid area panels to attach this would make for a cleaner and smoother look.

CJ do you think there would be any negatives to exiting underneath the vehicle vs to the side with a shorty exhaust?