View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 06:36 PM   #41 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Thanks guys. I'm not going to be doing any permanent body mods, electric fans, etc. Just leaving it stock. Jay Leno often says in his videos- the reason so many people have car trouble with classics is that they mod them. And, it's expensive! So I'm going to do removable aero stuff when I can. I would love to have a Halibrand quickchange rear axle to be able to run a higher gear ratio on a whim, but they are worth more than my soul.

The topper is a longer term project, because it would take a lot of space to store. It does look cool, but will have to wait until I have a two car garage. I've got some WIP pop up camper plans in Alias, too...

It's just an old run of the mill drill press, but I am also bringing bikes with me, which Amtrak won't take, and planes and UPS will charge a fortune for. It irritates me that everything in this country is so bike-unfriendly.

Anyway, picked up some extra coolant and oil, a gallon gas can and ALL the lead substitute AutoZone had in stock- two measly bottles. Buying that stuff is like asking a Lowe's employee where the kumquats are.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sven7 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-22-2015)