View Single Post
Old 06-21-2015, 11:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
sheepdog 44

The first thing I had to do was put in gas, i went through a dozen gps options before i found one that was downhill. I put in 3.5 gallons like usual, then filled it up all the way. No way do i plan to do that again any time soon. I suck at reverse.

I saw a turkey, a wild chicken, Tried to capture 3 dogs running up and down a wooded road, they ran away, i stalled 5 times going uphill till a local woman in an suv took over to catch them (50/50 they would've been hit by a car).

Saw a Alpha Romeo, the new bug eyed one, a tesla.

Saw a white mustang in the lefthand break down on the highway, with 3 wheels. The drivers side front wheel must've not been re-torqed, it was 40 yards ahead in the grass.

Dumped the clutch on a 1st gear hill start and did a legit burnout. Shifted from 2nd to 1st when i meant to hit 3rd and grinded a bit (ease up and it'll go to neutral first, now i know.) Stalled some, got honked at, did 0-60 in 30 seconds.

And then i hit the highway and it was set it and forget it in 5th gear. Now i know about bsfc, i accelerated in 5th uphill flooring it and it didn't go below 45 mpg.

5th is a dream compared to the cvt. I did some 75 and it felt like i was doing 55mph. Omg the weight balance is so much better, with nothing in the back i could feel the 50 pounds difference from cvt transmission. Overall lighter, better handling, did 5-8mpg better than cvt at 65mph. Unable to learn burn as i'm certain it has a manual ima bypass so it can charge the 12 volt.

The cvt has better throttle control though. I can leave it at 70mpg and the cvt will slowly shift itself to the grade. And i think it does a phenomenally better job short shifting from a stop. I could basically idle it from 0-50.

Last edited by sheepdog 44; 06-21-2015 at 11:25 AM..