Thread: My new FR-S!
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 02:17 AM   #32 (permalink)
serialk11r
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Looks like a 0.5psi increase in MAP over the stock map, which I calculated to be about 150W in savings. Kind of underwhelming, considering that my light bulb swapping probably saved just as much power at the crank, but every bit counts.

I just realized that I scaled the O2 sensor the wrong way on the lean map though, so I was actually running a little rich LOL. Woops. I'm debating whether I should make a map that disables positive fuel trim A/F learning so that I can put E20 in the car and have it pegged at a lean burn. It feels like kind of a sketchy thing to do though.

The map I'm flashing tomorrow is going to be 15% AF learning limit, 15g/sec learning range B (so I can cruise at 60 without triggering the secondary sensor correction), and running 5% lean of stoichiometric. The new feature I'm going to try is increasing the DFCO throttle opening (overrun mass airflow target). Sometimes I want to DFCO but it brakes the car a little too much so I end up kicking the clutch in once in a while which gets annoying. With less engine braking effect, I can DFCO in 6th gear a little more and just drop down to 5th if I need more braking going downhill. The other advantage of this map is that if I take the car on the track or go through heavy hilly terrain, the greater airflow will cool the cat off a bit.

Last edited by serialk11r; 06-22-2015 at 04:22 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to serialk11r For This Useful Post:
Joggernot (06-23-2015), pgfpro (06-22-2015)