View Single Post
Old 06-24-2015, 02:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
RollinWOT
EcoModding Mechanic

Well, as they say in racing, "every ounce counts." Like I said, my wife drives it, and it's only driven once every couple of days. We take a 200 mile road trip every month or so, and I'm trying to go slow in mods while taking care not to do too much in the way of sacrificing on-road comfort for fuel mileage. I just need SOMETHING to help. My daily driver is...*affixes cone of shame*...a 1998 Ford Ranger that gets approx 12-15mpg. Thankfully my commute is only 4.5 miles total. I've been thinking about getting a scooter to make as a new daily and only drive the Ranger when needed. Getting back on track though, the Altima HAS to have A/C and have the cabin be relatively stock because we've got 2 kids who need to keep cool in the AZ heat. Anywhere I can strip weight from that isn't imperative to keeping those necessities is going away. I do however have a full size spare on a matching alloy wheel(I don't want to be limited to 50mph on a donut during road trips). I'm averaging 35mpg according to the trip computer at 50mph. When i get to freeway speeds at approx 75mph, it drops to about 22-25mpg. I've read all the tips and tricks on here, and any other suggestions are welcome. Thank you all again for your help!