View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 11:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
NicholaiMD
EcoModding Lurker

Smile My Skoda fabia hatchback storry and aero suggestions

Hello ecomodder forum!

I just discovered this website and i am super excited about it.
Last year i started experimenting with some hypermiling techniques to achieve better milage on my way to work. I drive my parrents Skoda fabia to work and back. On a usual noncarefull drive i would get around 5.5 l/100k (43mpg) with ac on, normal speeds and using breaks when stopping. The drive is around 23km and include all types of driving. By using simple techniques i got it down to 4.4 l/100k (53mpg) I turned of ac, drove without breaks, reduced speeds on highway to max 55mph (3000 rmp at 60 mph) and some times coasted in nutral when fit.

This summer im embarking on a 1400km (900 miles) drive, and looking for some more mpg gains, to make this trip cheaper/ more environmentally friendly. Ive been playing with the idea of using tape to produce a temporally grill block, back skirts. Since this is my parrents car its only temporally. I am also planning to pump up my tiers from the recomended 30 psi to 35/36 psi. Anybody got suggestions what i can do to this litle car? I would love to see 60 mpg on this trip.

Tried uploading pictures of the car but i cant figure out how, anyways its a Skoda Fabia hatchback 2012 model. Hope for some interseting feedback!

Last edited by NicholaiMD; 06-25-2015 at 11:49 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to NicholaiMD For This Useful Post:
Sven7 (06-25-2015)