View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 10:14 AM   #36 (permalink)
OG VX
JDM hypeR mileR

The OG VX - '92 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 68.64 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crz650 View Post
Newbie question: why is the bigger fuel tank added?
I have a white 93 Vx with 116k miles that I want to be as efficient and stock looking as yours. Are you going to post a list and how tos of all the mods you did?
Curious to this one too, but from my experience with my own VX, here's what I BELIEVE to be the answer:

The VX runs better on the "top side" of the tank, I've noticed. Like, RIDICULOUSLY better. Prior to putting it in the garage port, I had just (finally) really began to discover and experiment with this.

For instance, I could run about 450 miles (tops) with my current driving tech/mods/routes on the full 8 gallon tank, netting around 55mpg or so. BUT, if I just ran 4 gallons worth of full and filled up, I was easily toping 60mpg.

Only run one gallon? Expect close to 70mpg! NO mods to tech, just running on the higher side of the tank, I believe, increases fuel pressure from the (always sorry) OEM Honda fuel pump, and I believe leads to more efficient fuel atomization.

Donkey, can you confirm my logic here?

Thanks for the underside pics! SICK set up !!!!
"Yesterday as I was going in to the shop, I came upon a recently killed Armadillo in the middle of the road with one front leg sticking up. As I passed over him he "High Fived" my air dam. I thought that showed a great attitude on his part." -The Donkey CRX

The Following User Says Thank You to OG VX For This Useful Post:
92civicvx (06-26-2015)