View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 03:24 PM   #83 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Furry Furfag

Winsight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Miaderp - '95 Mazda Miata
90 day: 28.53 mpg (US)
I actually thought about posting last night, but I decided not to as I thought this thread died haha. Anyway, the idle fixed itself once I put gas in it. I was getting 15mpg my last tank until my speedo gear stripped clean and I lost speedo. This was a few weeks ago.

I have an option to get a new engine. Here are the specs. It comes with 26# injectors, MAF to fit, a dyno tune, and a 255lph fuel pump. INSTALLED for 2,000. It will make 280-300hp at the wheels, 325-335 at the crank. I am considering this because I just don't have time to buy and engine, mess with parts, installation, tuning, etc etc.

Here are the specs on the engine.

the engine is a 1992 block, so it has the factory forged pistons, the engine originally had 42,000 miles when pulled from the donor car, it was talking apart, the block was honed with a torque plate, the deck was minimum surfaced for straightness, new rings and bearings where installed, the crank was polished, the heads and stock efi intake was ported and the heads received a 5 angle valve job, also a new mellings oil pump was installed. All gaskets are felpro. I will install a custom hydraulic roller cam with the specs of 535 lift, 224 duration at .050 ground on a 112 lobe separation. Also I will match the cam with comp cams valve springs.