Thread: My new FR-S!
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 11:22 AM   #41 (permalink)
serialk11r
Master EcoModder

spyder2 - '00 Toyota MR2 Spyder
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Those are interesting experiements but speaking for myself I think I'd last about 2 tankfuls before saying "too much hassle!" and just filling up at a single location. (Although it might be a fun way to amp up a tank for the STi, hmmm....)
Hahaha, well, the fact that these cars are known to ping a little on 91 is a good motivator to put the E85 in there, plus the direct injection makes ethanol contribute disproportionately to knock resistance so I can even save money by adding E85 to 87 or 89.

So unfortunately my test results aren't looking good, I was driving a bunch yesterday and noticed my instant mpg meter reading quite low. At some point I decided there was no way there was a headwind the whole way since even drafting another car I couldn't get it to go over 42mpg on the exact same stretch of road where last time I hit 41 cruising. It's possible that the lower ethanol content is reducing efficiency as my tank is now under 20% ethanol, but if my theory was working correctly I feel like I should still be seeing a net increase not a decrease.

Gonna drive on the map with no exhaust cam changes to see if it does any better.

Last edited by serialk11r; 06-28-2015 at 01:37 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to serialk11r For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (06-28-2015)