View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 02:05 PM   #72 (permalink)
stovie
EcoModding Apprentice

the green machine :P - '97 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
90 day: 20.92 mpg (US)

Thee s10 - '00 Chevy S10
90 day: 24.27 mpg (US)

Freedom - '05 Kawasaki Ninja 250EX
90 day: 75.55 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Using that flawed logic you shouldn't be even considering propane or gasoline engines.
Diesels typically get 10% to 20% better fuel economy per gallon than their gasoline counter parts.

No ignore the "36% more energy" nonsense.
This was a comparison of BTUs per mile.

1 BTU of propane = 1 BTU of gasoline

When comparing BTUs per mile there is no deceptive energy per volume advantage. BTU per mile levels the playing field when comparing different fuels when trying to accomplish the same work.
Being the op of this thread I was taking the discussion back to what I was talking about. I really don't care about BTU's and all that. I just know that having to richen a engine to drop temperature and leaning it out raises temperature sounds completely backwards to me and the excuses I hear about why that is make absolutely no sense at all.

If you were to take a container and put a 16 ft flue on it, then put a line in for fuel and a line for air you can have the fuel turned all the way up and control the burn in the container by controlling the air input alone. That's pretty much how a car is in the end, an enclosed container.